Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CHRISTMAS DECOR IN OUR FAMILY ROOM

Hello, lets start with the fire place area it's always nice and cozy, This picture turned out dark as you can tell, but this is a full view of the mantel and book shelves.


This is a close up. My angel in the middle is from Home Interiors, I got it last year and just love her, I put green garland and lights up and added some pearl and white beading along with some red picks and two white poinsettias. My little Christmas trees I got about 16 years ago from my Aunt. The picture is from Kirkland's I got at least 8 years ago, but I really wanted to keep it up this year, I usually put up a lighted wreath with decor on it , put I just wasn't feeling it this year.

This picture shows the hearth as well as the mantel. I added some greenery to the container on the right and a poinsettia, keeping with a splash of red through out. The mantel itself I designed and had a good friend of ours make it for me. The wood is bowed out it's not straight across, then on top I have black granite and in each side we made a square cut out to add granite in there. My last mantel was small and just went inside the brick between the pillar brick. If I had my choice there would be no oak in my house, but when we built it 17 years ago oak was the thing..And to my hubby it still is.....

Next I will post on the tree and dining room all together. Now I'm going to go make some chili for dinner and wrap some gifts...
Love to you,
Jolyn


No comments: