Friday, October 1, 2010

WHAT IS MY PASSION IN LIFE???? hmmmm











Passion ( from Latin verb patior meaning to suffer or to endure) is an emotion applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something. The term is also often applied to a lively or eager interest in or admiration for a proposal, cause, or activity or love. Passion can be expressed as a feeling of unusual excitement, enthusiasm or compelling emotion towards a subject, idea, person, or object. A person is said to have a passion for something when he has a strong positive affinity for it. A




love for something and a passion for something are often used synonymously.





1.What one subject can you enjoy talking about for many hours?
2.Do any of your hobbies involve working a lot with other people?
3.What specific concerns preoccupy your mind, breaking into whatever else you're thinking about?
4.What do you most enjoy doing for others?








Let's pretend you've reached the end of your life, and you're in heaven looking back on it.




1.What's the one thing you want to be most happy about having done or having been?





2.Who 'out there' in the world have you come to care about the most? 3.Who do you most want to help, enable, or reach? (You define the categories, whatever way you want. Go with your first instincts.)
Now, write down at least five of your life experiences that most gave you a sense of fulfillment and/or growth.



Before I can tell my life what I want to do with it, I must listen to my life telling me who I am.
After doing some reading last night from a little book called 50 things that really matter, I had stopped after reading a part about Passion. For some reason it really had me thinking...hmm passion, What am I passionate about in my life..So after turning out the light I rolled over and it kept coming to my mind....So I was searching in my mind, in my heart asking myself over and over what am I passionate about?
It said in one part Passion satisfies a vital spiritual need: the need for connection...hmmm It's a feeling we get when we are in tuned with something larger than our self. Passion makes us feel alive...I read that and thought wow have I lost my passion for life, I don't know what my passion truly is...Passion makes us certain we walk this world for some purpose...Well I do have purpose and for know other reason than to raise my children and I have been given so to be on the 31st of October 11 extra years to be here for them...An I am always asking my Lord why am I here, what do you want me to be doing, You kept me here for a reason...I'm still searching at the also.
The section on passion also mentions we have opportunities to experience passion everywhere. Sometimes they're quiet, Like growing your garden, or re doing a room, Sometimes they speak loud and draw us to our faith, or a social cause ,or civic involvement.
Like a battery powers a car, passion powers our souls.
With out passion our hearts go hungry.
To find my passion, I need to open my heart and let the world flood in....
I asked Mike at breakfast this morning...What is your passion in life?? and he had an answer...then I said is that truly a passion....He said good or bad it is my passion in life..that is what makes me go each day....
So in saying all this I am really doing some soul searching to find my passion and drive for life.





2 comments:

Marcia said...

Thank you Jolyn! Hope you like it, let me know when you try it.

I haven't yet figured out how to put up pictures and all the pretty things like you did. I'll have to play around and of course have David help me...:)

I have 3 exams this week, but would love to get together with you next week. let me know!
Hugs ~ Marcia

Ashley said...

Stopping by and saying hi! The fall colors on your blog and all the pictures are just beautiful! That is one thing I miss about going to school in the mountains is the seasons! The weather may be perfect her in Phoenix in the winter but we just do not have seasons! :(
-Ashley-